- ZANTAC (ranitidine)
The best in the world at the best
- Zantac 2x28 tablets NZ$ 51, 6x28 tablets NZ$ 125
- Treats duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer, and other conditions.
- You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic
reaction to ranitidine. Tell your doctor if you have had an allergic reaction to
Tagamet®, Pepcid®, or Axid®.
Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
- If you take one dose a day, take at bedtime.
If you take two doses a day, take one in the morning and
one at bedtime.
- Measure the liquid with a clearly marked measuring spoon.
- Store ranitidine at room temperature, away from heat,
moisture, and light. Do not freeze the liquid.
Dissolve the medicine in 8 ounces of water. Drink the
mixture right away. Do not save any unused mixture.
If you miss a dose:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have
missed your dose.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to
take your medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other
medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use ranitidine within 2 hours of taking
- Avoid large amounts of coffee and aspirin while taking
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also taking
- Talk to your doctor before taking ranitidine if you have
kidney or liver disease or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Ranitidine may not work as well if you smoke.
- Ranitidine may affect the results of allergy skin test
Call your doctor right away if you have any of these side
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Unexplained sore throat, unusual bruising
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
If you have problems with these less serious side effects,
talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness or drowsiness