- RITROVIL (Klonopin, clonazepam)
Treats seizures, panic disorder, and anxiety. Belongs to the group of drugs called
When you should not use this medicine
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clonazepam or to
other medicines that are like clonazepam (such as Valium®, Librium®, or Xanax®).
How to use and store this medicine
- May be taken with or without food.
- Store at room temperature, away from excess heat, moisture,
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
If you miss a dose:
- Take as soon as possible if within 1 hour of scheduled dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to use this medicine
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter
medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before taking other drugs that could
make you sleepy, such as pain medicine, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, or cold or allergy
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor
before taking this medicine.
- Talk with your doctor before taking clonazepam if you have
glaucoma or lung, kidney, or liver disease.
- This medicine can be habit-forming. You should not use more
than the prescribed amount or for longer periods than your doctor has ordered.
- If you have taken this medicine for a long time, talk with
your doctor before you stop taking it. You may need to take smaller doses before you
completely stop the medicine.
- This medicine may make you drowsy. Be careful if driving a
car or operating heavy equipment.
Call your doctor right away if any of these side effects occur:
- Depressed mood or severe confusion
- Severe drowsiness and weakness
- Unsteadiness (having a hard time standing up)
- Slow heart beat
- Trouble breathing
If you have problems with these less serious side effects,
talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, clumsiness, or trouble concentrating
- Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation
- Blurred vision, headache, or feeling "hungover"
the next morning after taking clonazepam