- PRILOSEC (omeprazole)
- The best in the world at the best price!
Decreases stomach acid. Treats stomach ulcers and heartburn
caused by acid from the stomach moving backwards into the esophagus.
Brand Name(s): Prilosec®
WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS MEDICINE
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an
allergic reaction to omeprazole.
IF YOU HAVE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS THAT YOU THINK ARE CAUSED
BY THIS MEDICINE, TELL YOUR DOCTOR.
HOW TO USE AND STORE THIS MEDICINE
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how
- Omeprazole should be taken just before eating.
- Swallow the capsule whole; do not open, chew or crush the
- Do not stop taking this medicine until your doctor tells you
to, even if you feel better.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
If you miss a dose:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you missed
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to
take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
DRUGS AND FOODS TO AVOID
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other
medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking diazepam
(Valium®), phenytoin (Dilantin®), blood thinners (Coumadin®), iron, ampicillin, or
- Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco because these
things can increase your stomach acid.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor
before taking this medicine.
- Let your doctor know if you have a current or past history
of liver disease or if you have any blood disorders.
Call your doctor right away if you have any of these side
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellow skin and eyes
- Sores in mouth
- Extreme weakness
If you have problems with these less serious side effects,
talk with your doctor.
- Stomach pain
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Upset stomach or vomiting